Cat Back Reccomendations

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a catback in the range of $250-$400 that doesn't sound like a Honda Civic. I've looked at the SLP Loudmouth II, Vibrant, Borla, Magnaflow, and GMPP. Most were like $700 but the SLP was like $380 and the Vibrant was around $300.

I'm looking for input and maybe other exhaust systems that you'd know of. I drive a 2009 LS Coupe

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to a muffler shop and had them make me one. They bend the pipes in shop and weld them it cost me $75.

sent from my inspire!

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLP is super ricey. Don't get it if you don't want that sound. The magnaflow, flowmaster, borla, and maybe GMPP will sound the best for our cars without being too ricey. I personally have the Tsudo N1 catback and its perfect for me. Soon I will be having a local shop cut off the N1 muffler and weld a flowmaster on to the 2.5 in piping, so I might have my muffler up for sale pretty soon.

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLP is super ricey. Don't get it if you don't want that sound. The magnaflow, flowmaster, borla, and maybe GMPP will sound the best for our cars without being too ricey. I personally have the Tsudo N1 catback and its perfect for me. Soon I will be having a local shop cut off the N1 muffler and weld a flowmaster on to the 2.5 in piping, so I might have my muffler up for sale pretty soon.

I'm heavily interested in the Tsudo N1. It sounds cool from the YouTube videos. Maybe I'll get a Magnaflow muffler for the extra sound. The Magnaflow, Borla, and Flowmaster catbacks are too expensive. I wanna be noticed, but $600+ for a catback is not what I need. I don't plan to be pulling 500+ horsepower with this thing.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2.5in cutback no muffler.
Cost $75 from a muffler shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLUhuPWbVjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sent from my inspire!

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too loud for me lol. A little Raspy too, but then again, we aren't driving Corvettes so I guess we should expect a little "rice" so to speak.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

blu3_v1p3r

Reaction score
My new exhaust system is currently being built. The shop owners have a cobalt as a test car. They are building it with 2.5 in pipe and going into a DC Sports muffler with a 4in outlet.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too loud for me lol. A little Raspy too, but then again, we aren't driving Corvettes so I guess we should expect a little "rice" so to speak.

Thanks for the link!

It's not raspy in person its deep and roars. It sounds great for a n/a 4cyl.

sent from my inspire!

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you like it that's all that counts. I hate when people say "Oh you're exhaust sounds like shit." I guess it's good that they don't regulate the exhaust manufacturing companies right?

Half of them drive Civis anyway.
YIIIIINNNNGGGGG YAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso