CBodnar's Nitrous Info/Build/Guide Thread

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Introduction: Redline/Cobalt = Same engine, almost the same car. I am putting new modifications on my car and looking to set some more goals for myself while still being on a cheap/basic setup. I made this thread so everyone knows what my mod's are and if you decide to choose this setup what goals you should expect to see with this setup or a similar setup. My goal is to have over 300whp safely when needed and to see 12's with the car while driving to the track on d.o.t. drag radials and going home in one piece. While still having 250-260whp for daily driving the car around and if needed to spray every now and then. :)

Power mods:
1. 60lb injectors $171
2. 2.80 pulley $49
3. filter on stock modded stock airbox $19
4. big cx h/e (from ebay) $149
5. nos sniper wet kit $285 (you can now buy the whole kit for $279.99 Shipped on Ebay!)
6. 1step colder plugs $6
7. italian joe's clear image automotive's Header and 3" catless dp switched to a 3" catted dp $300

Gauges:
1. dynotune's nitrous pressure gauge $25
2. aem wideband uego $199

Clutch:
1. Phoenix stage3 6 puck clutch $393.14 (came with throw out bearing)

Wheels:
1. 16" wheels that i got from a friend who sold his cobalt

Tires:
1. hoosier d.o.t. drag radial 225/50/16

Total Money Spent= Less than $2,000

Other Modifications:
None! Everything else on this car is stock. Stock cat-back, stock motor mounts, stock everything. Nothing else has been upgraded or done.

How did I pay so little for these parts?:
Some of the prices may vary and remember in this economy you can call up sites and make them drop there prices! These are the prices I paid for all these modifications. Also, I will be installing all of them myself. I will keep everyone updated. If all parts are on by April 11th I will be getting getting tuned that day along with mustang dyno numbers. Then heading to the track within the next week. Hopefully I will achieve both of my goals and the car will stay in one piece and be able to drive to the track and make it home safely with out any problems.

*UPDATE: 4/11/09- Mustang Dyno numbers = 309whp/321torque on 75 shot (42nitrous jet & 26 fuel jet) also on a very very conservative tune. running *14 degree's of timing and 10.4 afr. very rich tune!

VIDEO: Cobalt SS/SC makes 309whp on a Mustang Dyno- Video

4-2.jpg

*UPDATE: 4/28/09- went back to get re-tuned because i was at 10.1/10.2 off the bottle at wide open throttle and when i sprayed my aem wideband just stayed pinned at 10.0 from 3.5k rpm's to 6k rpm's. i was running so rich my car was cutting out and the car was making no power.
***things changed to tune:
1. changed afr from 10.2/10.1 in 2nd and 3rd gear to low 11's afr off the bottle
2. took off the 40% boost limit so i finally have power in 1st again
3. took off rear 02 sensor

*UPDATE: 5/6/09- went back to take off engine light
***things changed:
1. changed rev limiter from 7,000 to 7,400
2. took off last engine code

*UPDATE: 5/22/09- Swapped out Clutches b/c spec stg2+ wouldn't hold
***things changed:
1. took out spec stage2+ clutch (couldn't hold the power cause of the nitrous)
2. put in a Phoenix Clutch (uses the same disc as exedy stage3, fits stock flywheel, is a 6 puck clutch, and comes with a throw out bearing) Paid $393.14 for the clutch & it came with the throw out bearing. Also got the flywheel re-surfaced.

*UPDATE: 5/26/09- Phoenix 6 puck clutch installed
1. i put the clutch in and took out spec stage2+ clutch. lol

Update: Nov 18, 2009- video of it on tune time performance tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNkcDJvJcc

New Video's coming next week of custom 04redline aka Shaun McDonald tuning + nitrous and non nitrous pulls. Shaun's a really great tuner for those who do not know him!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso