Changing out the dome light for a blue LED

Nate101

Reaction score
Ok so basically I know very little of messing around with cars, I know the basics (oil change, tire rotation, brake changing etc) but I want to get into customizing my car.

I want to place a blue LED light into where my dome lights are, I can probably go look around for deals and such, but I haven't really been very successful at looking (even though its been a whole like 30 minutes), for parts to fit the cobalts. I know I need it to replace part 562, so I did a little research at least, but is there a similar part for another car I can look for too that might match?

Also if there is a how to guide on replacing it that would help (unless of course its as simple as taking it off and putting back on no prob, then I feel really stupid for asking). Thanks in advance :)

Nate101

Reaction score
Can thank you I found them, not too bad, one more question though, how hard would you say the installation of this would be? Not too bad for a beginner or should I not attempt it? I mean clearly it isn't something too bad where if i mess it up I won't be able to ever drive this car again but im just worried about the hassle?

edit: Sorry, I also looking at the pricing ($21.95), am I needing of this whole kit thing? I guess what I am trying to ask is it possible to get just the bulbs and replace? The part I am looking at is the Universal PCB LED Lamp Kit, is this the correct thing I am supposed to be looking at?

Last edited:

Nate101

Reaction score
it isnt plug and play

So im guessing you are trying to say I do need the kit?, sorry if I'm a little slow I just want to be 100% certain I know what im doing or have the resources to find what im doing. I've searched google and can't seem to find a DIY or a How-to guide on how to change out these lights, where can I find one?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
let me shed some light on this subject for you..

first off here is the COMPLETE list of bulb sizes for our cars:
CLICK MEEE!!!

to change all the bulbs you will need two 562's and a fooston bulb

now go here and look for:

RL4410-xHP9 Rigid Loop Festoon bulb and 2 WLED-x6 LED bulb

now i have all these in cool white puts of a nice bluish white color.. kinda like my hids in my pic :)

hope this helps man

Nate101

Reaction score
let me shed some light on this subject for you..

first off here is the COMPLETE list of bulb sizes for our cars:
CLICK MEEE!!!

to change all the bulbs you will need two 562's and a fooston bulb

now go here and look for:

RL4410-xHP9 Rigid Loop Festoon bulb and 2 WLED-x6 LED bulb

now i have all these in cool white puts of a nice bluish white color.. kinda like my hids in my pic :)

hope this helps man
Thank you, that was the exact answer I was hopeing for :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup