Chevy Cobalt LS Overheating

Discussion in 'LS, LT, LTZ' started by Renee Schnetzer, May 9, 2019.

  1. Renee Schnetzer

    Renee Schnetzer Junior Member

    Likes Received:
    May 9, 2019
    Palm Harbor, FL
    I had a coolant temperature reading that was high without an alarm or indicator light come on. The computer code indicated a thermostat malfunction, so I changed that. Then the O2 sensors went bad, so I changed those. The water pump is still working, but the diode blew in the fan circuit, so I changed that. Then the PWR/TRN relay went bad, so I changed that. I switched out the fan 3 years ago with a salvage fan, but it stopped running when my A/C Compressor failed. I checked it with a test light and the motor of that fan died as well. I don't want to do that work myself, so while I find a mechanic I bought a Treva battery and/or AC powered slim fan and hung it in front of the radiator with a couple zip ties around the hood latch assembly. I have a 2.1 Amp inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter to power the fan. This took the overheating from worse to bad. A temporary patch. My check engine light is on with the Cool/Fan 1 circuit code 480. I haven't researched that problem yet.

Share This Page