CJs Shagy- Embroidered Headrests

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CJs Shagy- Interior Rebuild

I had bought OEM black seat covers, painted the middles blue, put a chevy bowtie on the seat so i decided to embroider the headrests.

Found a trick to putting on covers on headrests
use a trash bag and use a vacuum cleaner. the vacuum sucks the trashbag tight on the headrest small and while vacuum is running, slide the cover on. you still have to really stretch it on but w/o the vacuum it is ridiculus.

here is the url for the whole interior rebuild
Embroidered Headrests and tip installing the covers

Found a trick to putting on covers on headrests
use s trash bag and use a vacuum cleaner. the vacuum sucks the headrest small and while vacuum is running, slide the cover on. you still have to really stretch it on but w/o the vacuum it is ridiculus.

here is the url for the whole interior rebuild i just did
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/cjkrause/interior/

Front is taller and back is lower and wider

Front
100_2172.jpg

100_2173.jpg

Back
100_2165.jpg

100_2171.jpg

Last edited:

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took it to a embroider shop
cost me 32 for all 4 headrests
i had to take the covers off and they did the work. you have to have a special machine

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm liking the blue middle section i need to do something cheap like that to my seats lol i hate the all grey of the stock seats

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm liking the blue middle section i need to do something cheap like that to my seats lol i hate the all grey of the stock seats

the blue middle section is painted on with Duplicolor leather/vinyl/fabric paint
i found out painting the sides of the seats doesnt work but the center works great. i painted the seatbelts as well black and the headliner. Duplicor lays the best pattern and is very even.

the only thing that didnt work very good was the Visors. Did great but the material on them isnt that good. i just need to find some black visors out of a newer HHR.

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new used leather steering wheel

I went to Ft Worth yesterday and got this steering wheel from Greg and Trifecta tuned a 2002 Denali. The Denali ran great after. what an amazing difference.

For some stupid reason i thought it was Black so i painted it black and the top blue w Duplicolor black and med blue (color on my middle of my seats ) Vinyl/fabric paint.

i painted the control housings w the blue i used on the doors from Krylon Fusion Navy (their choice of words to describe, looks more Royal)

did the black and blue housings last night and did the med blue while i was teaching today

BTW painted leather feels no different than not painted. it is flexible paint
picryres of it on tomorrow

here is the wheel on Gregs car

100_2773-sm.jpg

here it is all done. the center will come from Shagy which is the air bag and it is already flat black

100_2192.jpg

installed
the flash changes the color of the blues, the color on the cement is accurate

100_2197.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie