Cobalt goes from running to won't start - Codes P1400, 0171, 0300

khafe458

Reaction score
Hi All,
First off, hello from a new member. I have run out of ideas on a problem I am chasing on an 09 Cobalt LT 2.2L, manual. So the long story. Car was running perfect about a month ago prior to sitting for about 2 weeks. I get in the car one morning and the car is dying at low rpm when pressing the gas pedal. I pop the clutch, give it a few revs and it keeps running. I turn around and head back to the house and it is idling very rough. Rough enough the car is shaking. I read the codes, 0300 and 0171. Seeing that the car was only sitting, I thought it might be bad gas or clogged injectors. So I add some fuel cleaner and go get premium gas to see if that helps. Car runs fine for a week and code clears on its own. It came time to put new gas in and I switch back to regular, problems return. So two weekends ago, I threw in new spark plugs, new air filter, new MAP sensor, and some more fuel cleaner and this does not fix the issue. Still dying at low rpms when applying the throttle and very rough idle. I let it sit again and go to move it out of the way this weekend and now it will not start. Now I get codes P1400, 0171, and 0300. I tried throwing some carb cleaner through the throttle body and it would sputter starting on the carb cleaner but would die shortly after sputtering.

I am thinking it is a fuel issue but stumped at this point. Not sure any other diagnosis I can try without hooking it up to a computer. I hope its something simple (maybe fuel filter?) and not some critter got into it and has been chewing on wires somewhere. I have looked all around for anything out of the ordinary, vacuum line leaks, manifold leaks, and various connects; all looks good.

Any pointers on where I can go from here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaldoPa

Latest posts