cobalt going crazy

cobalt_lt2

Reaction score
07 chevy cobalt lt it has no powersteering the car will go past the 4,000 rpm rev limter it starts when it wants to theres aclicking coming from the shifter it shifts funny keeps on i need another car i guess any one have any ideas im starting to think a cobalt is the biggest waste of money

Last edited:

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey cobalt_lt2,

We're sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Cobalt. Please let us know if you would like for us to assist with setting up a dealership visit in order for your vehicle to be properly diagnosed. We can be reached via PM if our assistance is needed.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we get a bit more detailed explication of your problems? Perhaps separate them into sentences and paragraphs.

Justinw303

Reaction score
Yeah, punctuation would be very helpful.

4000 rpm rev-limiter? What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobalt_lt2

Reaction score
The powesteering isnt working.The rev limiter in is 4000 in park it goes past that.The gauges wont work when its acting up.It shifts funny and wont run right.You can hear something in the shifter clicking.Sometimes it will start.I've cleaned all grounds under the hood and added dieletric grease to all connections.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Power steering is a recall, dealership can take care of that for free.

How many miles?

Justinw303

Reaction score
Regardless, it's a free replacement, so take it down there and get it done, and then see if there are still problems.

Are you revving it while in Park, or is it doing it on its own? And I still don't know what this 4k rev limit is you're talking about...

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the car is in park and floored the limiter keeps it under 4k, been that way since at least 1996 on GM vehicles. It's to protect the motor.

Justinw303

Reaction score
Okay, makes sense I suppose. But why would he be revving past that amount to begin with to even find out? I wouldn't really consider this a problem. Just don't rev it in park, it's pretty easy to avoid doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup