Cobalt loses TPMS info 15 seconds after turning off car

mwolfe83

Reaction score
I can put my cobalt in learning mode, teach the car every sensor and get valid data from the TPM sensors.

If I shut the car off for a few seconds and turn it back on... it doesn't forget the information.

if I turn the car off for 15 seconds (you can watch the gauges go completely down to know when) the car forgets all four of the sensors.

I can't seem to find any forums mentioning such a weird problem.

2010 Chevy Cobalt

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with your Cobalt, mwolfe83. Unfortunately, I am not a certified technician and I am unable to offer technical advice, but I will like to look to further into your concern. Feel free to send a private message in reference to this thread if any extra help is needed. Hoping to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the Cobalt pretty well. But the TPMS is about the only thing on the car I don't know. I know the sensors broadcasts a signal, TIRE PRESSURE and ID. Which computer/module receives the information and sorts it into RF, LF, RR, OR LR I don't know. The BODY CONTROL module does not have any FCC warnings on it. The only ones that do are THEFT LOCKING and ONSTAR UNIT. I'm assuming THEFT LOCKING, since it handles the KEY FOB. It also has the ability to store information. I will look into it.

That's not a good answer for you I know. But here's something you might want to try. Take your car to a big TIRE STORE, they have a scanner and a device I believe it's called a Dongle. They plug the scanner into car, and use the Dongle to locate each sensor and program it to the vehicle. Maybe it will stick.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

After you relearned all four wheels, did you take it for a drive? Or just shut the key off? The manual says you have two minutes to complete each tire, if you don't complete all four, you have to start over. Also wondering if it keeps the info for say a 20 minute drive? Then looses it when you shut the key off. You would have to have different pressures in the tires to realize what I'm asking. Say 25 RF, 30 LF, 35 RR, 40 LR to see if it loses or resets its self while moving down the road.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC the transceiver for the remote is the one that handles TPMS. It's just to the left of the passenger airbag under the dash panel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts