cuppa quick questions not solved by search

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know mike, i have also heard that the compounds used to make up the rear pads are too coarse, which also causes the uneven wear and deep gouges. The slide pins seize and cause the inboard pad to wear faster than the outboard.

There was a good thread on .nub. i'll see if i can find it and copy/paste

The slide pins are not lubed from the factory but that's not the cause of rotors being scored up.

I lubed up everything at 6,000kms when I saw the first sign of scoring. At 12,000kms both rotors were scored inside and out. The lube was no help.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
The slide pins are not lubed from the factory but that's not the cause of rotors being scored up.

I lubed up everything at 6,000kms when I saw the first sign of scoring. At 12,000kms both rotors were scored inside and out. The lube was no help.

yea the stock pads are garbage all around, I would suggest new rotors/pads all around, get some nice slotted/dimpled rotors with any of the above suggested pads and I'd bet money you will be very happy on a track. If your not doing much if any track time with the cobalt then get Hawk HPS pads, a really good street pad IMHO and the best you can get for a daily driver(again, IMHO).

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Pads are made by Ferodo, so not garbage. Rear pads seem to be made of cow dung.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
drilled and slotted rotor recommendations? they dissapate heat like they say or wut

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie