Difference between...?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at cold air intakes for my car and I notice there's a few different ways they have them set up. One way, it replaces the stock intake and sits right where that is. The other is going down and right behind the front bumper. Which way will give it the best performance? I notice the kind that goes behind the bumper is a little more expensive, and I'm assuming that's because of the power it produces. But I'm not sure, so help appreciated! Thanks guys.

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one that goes down near the bumper gets colder air . it aint sucking the hot air from under the hood .

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
Yep, get the one that goes down behind the bumper, You want to be sucking in Cold Air, not Hot air.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for my 2.2? I misread the label on the one i saw behind the bumper that it was for an SS. Unless they're all the same?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the only one out of those four that it "says" will fit my car, is the k&n. That's the one i've been looking at. I found a site with a good reputation that is selling it for $211.00, which is a pretty damn good price. The Injen looks like it would go behind the bumper, but it's only for the SS it shows. So does that mean I could only get the k&n? Not that I wouldn't be disappointed with it at all though.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I can always get a different pipe if I need to. I think this one will do just fine for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso