Does year matter?

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, while i was looking at performance parts, if the year of the cobalt matters even though it is used on a 2.2l engine. so in other words, do you need to buy the part with the same year as the cobalt, or it doesnt matter as long it fits 2.2l?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you looking at? a lot of times, places will try and trick you by saying "this part is used only for 05-07" or something like that.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your car has SAI so your exhaust manifold and intake need to have provisions for that, but beyond that anything else should fit.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately get rid of it..luckily i never had it..years shouldnt matter, just the engine size. at least thats what it was for my old maxima.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea it's just the engine. obviously with all models, the suspension, headerback are all interchangeable. and then the 2.4 intake mani and TB are interchangeable with the 2.2, with tune of course.

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you looking at? a lot of times, places will try and trick you by saying "this part is used only for 05-07" or something like that.

im looking at a website called andys auto sport. specifically on parts such as cai, headers and exhaust. i was thinking the years dont matter but i just want to make sure.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

cool, thanks guys. i appreciate it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup