door panels removal

lukkys

Reaction score
Hi guys,can anyone give me step by step instruction how to remove door panels on 2010 cobalt ls,i only saw 2 plastic push pins so far,how to remove window crank and door handles,any special tools i should buy.I will be putting in power door locks.If anybody have pics would be very good.Thanks

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm....i know what it takes for mine, but im not sure with the non-power everything doors....i know the how-to is in the Haynes manual at pretty much every auto parts store (for like $20)...not your specific answer but hope it helps...

chevrolet25

Reaction score
It should be the same as cobalt with power windows minus the window crank. First pop off the litte triangle piece on the top of the door panel closest to the dash. There is a special tool to remove the crank pin but, get a shop towl or thin cloth and slide it in between the window crank and door panel and move it back in forth while pulling up with some force to get that pin out. On most cars i would start from the bottom of the crank. And as far as the rest there is a screw in the door armest/handle. Just pop that little cover off and take that screw out. And with a flat head, pop the door handle bezle out and there will be one more screw in there. Slide the door handle assembly in through the door panel and pry the rest of the panel from the the door itself.

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score
I just finished putting my door panels back on. lol. The panel comes off by just pulling. Id start of by removing the crank. I used a butter knife (the kind that have no sharp side and are kinda flexible) to remove the retainer pin. The open mouth of the retainer pin should be facing towards the rest of the crank so put in the butter knife or w.e ur using on the end and play around for a bit and you should get it out. from there on its a breeze. Also try pushing on the door near the crank so u can get a better look. Hope i was of some help and hope you can get it off lol

Here this pic should help:
clip_removal_with_screwdrivers.jpg

This is what the retainer pin looks like:
A16340-1.jpg

Last edited:

lukkys

Reaction score
door panel removal

Got her done,as far as removing window crank clip i used a ratchet strap they are rough and strong and really grab the first time.Thanks a lot for the replies

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson