"Dry" filter for CAI

Clay7428

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time findinga "dry" filter for a cold air intake system for a 2008 2.2L... I've found several for the '05-'07's, but I've yet to find anything for the '08's and up.

I know too many people that have screwed up their MAF with the oiled filters, so I'm really not interested in the "wet" filters. We've got a dry filter on our 6.6L Duramax in the driveway, and I'm super happy with it...

AFE was one of the few that made a dry filter for our cars, but again, they don't have 'em for the 08's. Anyone out there with an '08 or newer running a dry filter? If so, where'd ya get it from, and are ya happy with it?

Thanks for helping a noob out :signs75:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get an AEM dryflow that will fit any of your intake options. Personally I'd get the K&N intake then buy an AEM dry flow filter.

Clay7428

Reaction score
You can get an AEM dryflow that will fit any of your intake options. Personally I'd get the K&N intake then buy an AEM dry flow filter.

I'm assuming as long as the pipe diameters match up (3" pipe to 3" filter) I'll be good to go, right? And as far as the K&N intake, the "Typhoon" seems to be a popular choice for our cars. Sounds like another email is about to be sent to ZZP :)

Thanks YellowEye.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming as long as the pipe diameters match up (3" pipe to 3" filter) I'll be good to go, right? And as far as the K&N intake, the "Typhoon" seems to be a popular choice for our cars. Sounds like another email is about to be sent to ZZP :)

Thanks YellowEye.

Yes, yes, and you're welcome.

-YelloEye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup