!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!E brake help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sport08

Reaction score
My E brake went limp on me it wont stay up or click so i got to leave it in gear. i tried to adjust it but that didnt do ant thing for it. Does any one no whats wrong with my brake. i like to fix things my self so what i need would be cool. and my inspection is about to exp.. some sone help

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have to spend a lot of money at the stealership.

Same thing happened to mine and had to get it fixed.

nerdmanpap

Reaction score
yea what was wrong with it?

have you messed with your rear drum brakes at all? when i changed out my rear shoes and reset the adjustment on my rear brakes back to zero my e brake went limp but as the brakes adjusted themselves (rears are self adjusting) the e brake tightened back up

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So the e-brake doesn't ratchet anymore? Like it wont stay up? :lol: Really though, those are serious questions.

Sport08

Reaction score
naw i havent done anything to my brakes.. changed rims but that shouldnt do any thing to the brakes woke up one day with the car in the middle of the parking lot... and yeah yelloweye ... it wont stay up..lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine did that before, the ratcheting lever spring broke or something like that. You can take the boot cover off and press the lever into the gear by hand but you will have to do that every time you want to use your e-brake. I took mine to the dealership and they warrantied it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts