Egt

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody got a ballpark figure on what our max EGT is on this motor?

Preferably what normal is and what melt down is lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exhaust Gas Temperature.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I like my turbo and wanna know what it normally runs at approx.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Exhaust Gas Temperature.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

:weihnachten031: wanna buy me some gauges for Christmas so I can tune in the spring? I need a wideband, EGT, Oil temp, oil pressure, and any other gauge u think might come in handy lol ;) cmon u know u wanna help me murder some cars on the track next year lol

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Gas Temperature.

I'll try and find out for you.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

I couldn't find anything LNF specific, so I'll just assume that its just like any other car on the road; although I have a feeling the the D.I. might change things up a bit. I'll try and find out more on that though.

800* or so is what it should idle around.

1200* or so when cruising at "city" speeds

1400* or so when cruising at interstate speeds.

1550* or so when WOT at the top of 3rd and 4th.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok sweet, wasnt sure if there was a difference for forced induction or anything, thinking I'll get a 2k *F gauge just so I'll have a little buffer at the top end.

Mainly wanted to know so I have an idea of how the turbo is doing, and have a warning before she melts down. Not sure what temp that would be at but I figure its one of the more important things to monitor along with oil temp.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need anything over 1600*. That's pretty fkn hot and on most cars that I know of, that's The Danger Zone.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I'll try and find out for you.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

I couldn't find anything LNF specific, so I'll just assume that its just like any other car on the road; although I have a feeling the the D.I. might change things up a bit. I'll try and find out more on that though.

800* or so is what it should idle around.

1200* or so when cruising at "city" speeds

1400* or so when cruising at interstate speeds.

1550* or so when WOT at the top of 3rd and 4th.

we should try looking for MS3 EGT's, should be very similar to what we should be running.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm good call White, I'd be all over looking if I actually had my laptop here with me. Stuck on Cobizzle's cause Cobalt Tom's cat ate the powercord lol

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they shouldn't be that different. EGT is going to be effected by a couple different things such as AFR, Timing, and Boost Levels. So no ones Temps will be exactly the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso