elecblue06 2006 ion SC build

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so heres my work from the meeger beginings to the mist of boost

I started off simple with lowering the car my first bought project then went on to "free mods" led dash light mod, antenna mod and taking out the red in the front emblem

next i moved onto performance with the zzp header and DP combo with cat.. running 1.75" primaries and a 3" dp to a 2.5" bolt in for the catback

shortly thereafter I got a short throw shifter from cosmo.. nice weighted knob and some firmer shifting

dscf0036yg8.jpg

then i decided to go style so i got a set of falken torque 5's with falken tires to compliment them

dscf0224kl7.jpg

then finally after buying the tsudo catback for the 03-04 ion i finally installed it

man it was a bitch i had to make my own hanger and reflange the exhaust from 3 bolt to 2 bolt..

then I got tuned by BCP tuners (06blackg85ss from css.net) gave the car some nicer pickup and took away the bog on the low end i was getting sometimes.

then.. i plotted for a while" what to i do next?" and the decision was tdropped into my lap basically.. chevytech,, a member on css who had a 2.0 procharged motor decided it was time to sell his kit.. and he wanted it to sell it to a 2.4 since a 2.0 and 2.2 had already been done.. I was just the man he was looking for. thus commenced my boost build

004qv4.jpg

piping and maf section

005dg4.jpg

piping some bolts, bracket, and more piping

006jp3.jpg

EVEN MORE PIPING!!! lol it's all marked up

almost done :D

after I got all this i bought byraks JS STB .. nice piece and definately stiffened up my front end.. now i just need to take care of the rear.

garage.php

I finally decided.. it would be a great idea to upgrade the brakes and tranny mounts before i go boosted to prevent any issues on that front..

i'm finally almost done with my boost project.. all thats left is 60 lb injectors, 59" 5 rib belt, and some ngk copper plugs,, oh yea .. and a tune :D

my full build will be up to about 350 WHP after full top end work including a ported and polished head as well as cams.. it's gonna be a doozie.. not going for fastest.. just fastish and stylish..

also need to get coilovers and alot of other misc custom stuff

did some painting on the dash and installed front tranny mount.. get some more pics later .. stupid camera batteries died
dscf1771vr3.jpg

dscf1772lv6.jpg

ok i actually have some REAL updates lol

IMAG0253.jpg

all the suspension stuff i have.. just waiting on the coils.. which i accidentally shipped to the wrong place RAWR

IMAG0254.jpg

stock shock with the car jacked up.. the shock was just about fully compressed with the car just sitting on the ground lol look at all the shit around where it leaked out lol

IMAG0255.jpg

new ss/tc shock installed

video of my goofy ass should a comparison between work out stock shocks and new ss/tc ones

and the review ... HOLY CRAP even with just the rears.. the car rides so much smoother lol .. and it doesn't squat NEARLY as much now..

What I have done:
----------------------

Suspension & handling:

falken ziex ze912 tires soon to be replaced by falken rt615s when the weather gets better
"Jsmith" strut tower bar $40
powerslot brakes and hawk HPS pads $250
ss/tc shocks/ struts 360
sleeve coilovers 135

Comsmetic:

17" falken torque 5's in gunmetal
changed dash LED's
antenna delete mod (lol)
painted interrior peices
front and rear grill

Audio:

RF 201s amp
RF P2 10"
pioneer 180 watt 3 way speakers 1670R

Transmission:

short throw shifter $60
poly tranny inserts $30

Performance:

zzp performance midlength header DP combo with 1 3/4" primaries, 3" down pipe with a 2.5" cat back bolt on flange with high flow cat
tsudo catback 195$
28x9x2.75 cx racing intercooler 100$
tuned $150
custom procharger setup 2240$
(setup includes everything minus tune spark plugs and gauges, including more the enough piping, and 4 pullies ranging from 7-8 lbs all the way up to 20 psi or so) currently running on 2.95" pulley pushing 10-11 psi
60 lb EV6 injectors 200$
boost tune 250$
plx dm-500 sm-afr wideband setup- $150
cti 3" catback 210$ shipped

Gauges and pods:

plx sm-afr combo -150

prosport gauges performance boost gauge -40
new south performance steering column pod - 45

total spent: 5389 USD

soon
-----------------

exedy stg 2 clutch -340
OEM rear disk swap
interceptor gauge 230
maybe mid frame brace..

eventually
-----------------

custom sub box/trunk setup about 50 bux for materials..
supertech valve springs -250
ported cylinder head - 600-1200 lol
vulcan turbo intake manifold 550 (maybe saab intake manifold 100$.. probably saab)
redline seat swap about 400$ (maybe) or maybe some other racing seats lol
custom projector headlights with hids 300-600

custom set of stock CR forged pistons 600
rods 600-1000
retrofit led tails 200$

projected total money spent: 6200-12000 depending if i do/ need to do a full engine build..

hahn has a 2.4 solstice (same motor) running 380 Rwhp on stock engine..

i think i can pull my goal (350whp) and be ok if i'm careful with the tuning

little by little it's happening lol .. this thing is going to be a monster when it's all finished haha

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol naw if his mom is like him FTL lol idk how u n joe do eachother all the time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso