Electrical Issues

Luketheboz

Reaction score
yah

i checked all the fuses, all the fuses were good, i even got a tester to double check, and the thing is, my radio works, and my domelight works the following DOESNT work :Wipers, Airbags, Power Steering, my air conditioner blows, it just doesnt blow cold or hot.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cobalts have had a problem with power steering recalls..might wanna check up on that. did you check the fuses under the hood and on the passenger side cabin?

Luketheboz

Reaction score
i have already had the power sttering recall checked, and fixed, so its not that.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like you burned up something in the bcm

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

"cheap" wires are not what causes melting.. too small gauge of a wire for the current draw does. and if a remote wire (12v low amp ref) was melting a wire.. something was way wrong

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

i checked all the fuses, all the fuses were good, i even got a tester to double check, and the thing is, my radio works, and my domelight works the following DOESNT work :Wipers, Airbags, Power Steering, my air conditioner blows, it just doesnt blow cold or hot.

all controled by the bcm

i strongly believe you have damaged a part of the circuit board.

Last edited:

Luketheboz

Reaction score
hey guys

I greatly appreciate everything ya'll told me to do, i finally got the money to take it to a mechanic, and apparently i burned out a connector from my fuse board to my BCM, got it fixed though and everything is good

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Founds like a blown fuse. I just soldered mine into a yellow wire under the steering column btw. Works fine for a year now.

Get a test light, clip it to a good ground, then turn the key 'on' and 'poke' each fuse on the two metal areas shown. The light should come on when you hit either side. If it lights up on one side, the fuse is blown. If it doesn't light for either side, the fuse just isn't powered up.

20305f-outlined.jpg

(Idk if it has the visual fuses. Not too familiar with these cars. I work on a mustang..)

just a tip though. Don't just go out and buy parts hoping it will fix it.

I agree start with the easy stuff check for blown fuses that may be associated with these circuits u can find these fuse locations in your owner manual , although some of these fuses will have power only when the key is in the ON postion and some will always have power at all time check with the Key in the ON position with your test light

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never hook anything secondary to a fuse like power steering or ABS or anything like that. Use the fuse for you interior lights or the radio. I have my grill lights hooked to my headlight fuse. Last thing you want is to overload a power steering fuse and blow it while you're driving around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais