Engine coolant temp sensor and air conditioning problems!

Discussion in 'Performance' started by garyh80, Sep 16, 2011.

1. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

AC is unrelated to your thermostat. Coolant temp sensor sounds like it's unplugged.

2. futchstien

futchstien Junior Member

Sounds like you got a bad thermostat replacement man. Recommend you R&R again and see if the problem presents itself again

3. andrewlobel

andrewlobel Junior Member

There can be several reasons behind AC not cooling problem like the air filter might be clogged.Either clean the air filter or replace it as needed.The condenser coils may be dirty and loaded with debris. If the coils are dirty enough, the unit will never be cold enough and will not be able to cool the room. A compressor is the heart of an Air Conditioning Unit which is responsible for cooling your room. If the air conditioner does not cool, the compressor might be defective.A thermostat is a sensor that senses the room temperature and hints the compressor to start or stop the cooling cycle. If the thermostat is defective the air conditioner does not cool or may cool continuously.

4. ryan kelly

ryan kelly Junior Member

if you're coolant temp. isnt reading the A/C WILL NOT WORK

5. Trazy2017

Trazy2017 Junior Member

Check ohms at ect sensor,

6. OLDDOG

OLDDOG Junior Member

I have the exact same problem, combined with a shaking engine running in low, I change the sensor 2 times, the coolant , nothing work, I made a lot of research with my mechanic friend, he has no idea on the temp sensor, the shacking he thinks is water in the gas. I unplug the battery, every time, principally in a cold day and work a little and come again. Finally i saw in YouTube "2009 Chevy cobalt Camshaft Position sensor error code and replacement". IT WORKS. YEAHHHHHHH

7. Nick Winkler

Nick Winkler Junior Member

My engine coolant temperature sensor will read if I disconnect the battery and then reconnect it. It will read for awhile, then cut out again. The only way to get it to read again is to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Does anyone know what is going on with this?