exhaust making a turbo noise

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the hell's going on? it never used to do it. now when i downshift sometimes it makes a little blowoff valve noise and when i get on it it sounds like a turbo. it's 2.5 pre bent pieces mig welded no leaks that i know of full boar 2.5 chambered muffler and an apexi n1 muffler on the end. the last bend is just a sharp turn, i cut the pipe on an angle to angle the exhaust at the end afterwards. maybe it's that? i can't figure out where it's coming from :(

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what the hell's going on? it never used to do it. now when i downshift sometimes it makes a little blowoff valve noise and when i get on it it sounds like a turbo. it's 2.5 pre bent pieces mig welded no leaks that i know of full boar 2.5 chambered muffler and an apexi n1 muffler on the end. the last bend is just a sharp turn, i cut the pipe on an angle to angle the exhaust at the end afterwards. maybe it's that? i can't figure out where it's coming from :(

Now thats odd.....shouldnt make that noise when you downshift...hell I dont even know lol

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my 2500 HD does that, but its a turbo the size of a baby haha, IDK why this would be doing it. Call scooby and the gang maybe they can figure it out? haha

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Did you recently change the exhaust and it started doing it or is there something else you changed recently?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it just started doing it randomly. you think a leak might cause this? i stood behind the car and had a friend rev it it sounds exactly like a turbo. it did it once when i downshifted from the afterburn it would normally pop or gurgle but this time it made a chirp like a blowoff valve. didn't do it for a week or so then it started doing it again. now it's all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso