ff_drift's curb incident thread

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty simple, cradle from one corner to anothe must be within 3mm according to gm. control arm from corner to ball joint picture the ball joint as x, the corner with the 2 bolts is y and the bushing is z, measure from x to y and x to z. you must have both control arms out of the car. if you know one is good, (i forgot the measurements) measure that one, compare it to the one you suspect is bent. if its 2mm off it's no good according to gm. knuckle is the last thing you replace. you kida narrow it down to the knuckle worst case scenario. the hub will make noise if it's bad. spinning it by hand and hearing abnormal noise, not moving, moving too freely means it's bad. it should turn freely but not spin on its own. it'll turn and stop itself turning it by hand. the struts..well if you have a camber problem and the cradle and control arms are good replace struts. it's tough to replair front end damage...and it costs quite a bit.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liz told me the story, bummerific man.

The new wheels are going to look sick. The knuckle could be all fuggered up. You're gonna need to compare it to another one in god shape just to make sure.

IMO you should have painted a few other pieces that cadillac white, like your VC and maybe FLCA's

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wha and the wha? i get the paint for free i work at caddy

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

compared it to the other knuckle it looks fine. hopefully the struts fix it.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valve Cover, and your control arms.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

how much + camber?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Valve Cover, and your control arms.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

how much + camber?

i think a Valve Cover would look very nice in that color. but i dont see a point in painting your control arms lol, whos ever gonna see them? ( allthought yours looks sexy as **** lol)

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i drive the car daily so painted control arms would last a week lol. ok soo...update. my phone's camera kinda blows...so bare with me til I take a real photo shoot.
517084530_1822924963_0-1.jpg

517084133_1822923457_0.jpg

the real color is obvious in the pictures in my 1st post
bowties are also pearl white. it's like a tuxedo balt :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson