front end clunk .....= $1074.15 @vip

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the clunk in my car got bad i took to VIP to have them look at it . a hour later comes up to $1074.15 :think:..... 2 lower control arms puck and bushings failed and steel sleeve no tight fit . i know the puck bushings are press fit . im sure i can have someone around her do it . im gonna have to take a wack at this myself . i did find a how to ... but when they say sleeve not a tight fit ... what the hell does that mean cause in the how to the guys said he bent it to get the lower contol arm out and back in . also where online would you buy a lower control arm online ? they also say if you change your control arm you should change your sway bar links ....... any thoughts on that ?

the how to is ------>General Suspension How To change Control Arm Bushings - Cobalt SS Network

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it yourself, you can do pretty much anything if you take your time and do a little research. Suspension stuff is pretty easy anyway

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill give it a shot . the how to seams to be good . but they said anytime you change your control arms you should change your sway bar links and get a alignment ..... any ideas on that ? and looks like arms are $153.00 each and links are $57.60 ..... any better ones then stock for that price ?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn't need endlinks, they don't even connect to the control arm.

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so dont need sway bar links ? guy at vip said they allways replace them when the do control arms ...... im looking at Mevotech Control Arm 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
Part #: MEMS50118 $154 right $150 left . i havent had to order any parts like this before so i dont really know who to go with . i dont wanna have to fix this problem again in a year

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i say buy FE5 control arms and bushings. will be cheaper and your getting better suspension parts :)

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where would you buy them . i have to order parts online soon . do you think i can get away with not buying sway bar links ? they said they didnt look bad but when you replace a control arm you allways replace the links . im not in a SS i got a 4 door LS 05 .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie