FS: JBL 600 watt 4 channel amnp

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i bought this amp off a buddy of mine the other day, we hooked it up and i jsut dont like the way my system sounded with it. either there was too much bass and not enought highs or too much highs and not enought bass.. i just couldnt find that perfect EQ setting in my headunit.

dont get me wrong, when it WAS hooked up it made my speakers alot louder and sound alot better.i just couldnt get the highs and lows to sound good at the same time.

whats included is all 8 speaker wires, a ground wire, a power wire, and the remote wire, and of course the amp

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

190 shiiped

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon lists it for $350 new Amazon.com: JBL GTO1004

Lol

So how much did you mess with the amp and still couldnt get it to sound right?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

They also list a Refurbed unit for $180 :)

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i set there messing with it for a good 45 minutes. im thinking about sending it to an audio shop and having it tested cause it gets really hot

have them make it sound good while im there ;)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a JBL amp, I've never been a fan of their car audio amplifiers. Most amps will get pretty warm but hot....they shouldnt get hot. What speakers were you trying to run with them? Any chance you accidentally ran it at less than 2 ohms? Cause under running an amp like that will make it work twice as hard and even possibly fry it. :D

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

and why bump the price if you obviously got it for cheap? lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dont know what size speaker wire, but the power wire is at 4 ohms

You dont do car audio do you lol its ok, the power wires are 4 gauge, the ohms refers to the impedance of a particular speaker(s). The impedance of a speaker is its opposition to the flow of A.C. current.

Heres a nice article on the subject: Speaker Impedance vs Power Output

What speakers were you running with this amp?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup