Fuel Injector ratiing - E85

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by roosterk0031, Mar 5, 2015.

1. roosterk0031

roosterk0031 Full Access Member

Got a nephew checking on price to have a friend tune it. Still questioning the need for different injectors though. My 2010 Impala 3.5v6 FFV only has 25 lb injections, 586cc per cylinder, I have 24 lb at 550cc per cylinder. You changed injectors on your HHR and noted no change in performance/economy. Not a lot of money but why spend $100 when not needed. I'd appreciate it if you could send me the info I need for the 5-10 tables for them to fill in.

No idea where you are but anywhere close to Iowa I'd be willing to drive to you and have tune it if I could make it there and back in a day. I'm in East Central Iowa.

I like the idea of just turning on FFV maps and tweeaing the timing to show nothing else is needed to enable a FFV car.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. Fuelverine

Fuelverine Junior Member

Drop me an email @ [email protected] and I'll send the files I have. Would be the easiest format to give to your tuner. I'll also highlight which ones to pay attention too.

3. roosterk0031

roosterk0031 Full Access Member

I got the HHR FFV maps from Fuelverine and going to enable in the next week or 2.

I have a Scangauge 2 that I finally enabled the Xgages tonight so I can see long term fuel trim, HP, knock retard and air fuel. After enabaling them with about a half tank of E10, made roughly 100 hp at 4,000 rpm, 0 knock retard, 14.6 A/F and 3 on the LTT. After about 15 miles I topped it off with about 8 gallons E85 to make a roughly E55 blend. I've ran E50 without a CEL so didn't expect one tonight and didn't get one.

A/f stayed at 14.6, LTT jumped around alot 5-28 but tended to say around 20, still 0 on knock retard even trying to lug it. I didn't try check the HP, but will in the morning on a uphill 3rd gear pull. Not very accuarte as it changes pretty slowling, but still interesting to see.

I also own a 2010 Cobalt so once tested throughly my 09 XFE, I'll convert it to FFV as well.

Today E85's about 20% cheaper, based on the other FFV's I've owned 20% is the break point for cost per mile. E85 20% cheaper = E85 20% loss in mileage, but hoping that some tweats in timing I can do better.

Edit: blend was a little higher than my guessestimate, did get a CEL this morning LTFT settled in at 28-29.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015