Fuel quantity indication problems.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what I found in the DIC information section.
navymypa.jpg

Unsure of it's equation for "fuel consumption" I'll try looking it up later.

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I found in the DIC information section.
navymypa.jpg

Unsure of it's equation for "fuel consumption" I'll try looking it up later.

i bets it's accumulated injection cycles since the last reset. should be easy for the computer to handle...

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would make sense, easy enough to calculate from injector pulse width, fuel pressure, and engine rpm.

Couldn't find anything on the actual equation.

Last edited:

ramon

Reaction score
The sender is in the tank. What kind if mileage are you getting per tank? The fuel level gauge is notorious for dropping right after start, on a freeway drive if I flip the ignition it will show up to 1/4th higher than before.

I just filled up and reset odometer to get my milage. will report back.

But with a faulty indication, it'll be hard to tell when I'm near zero. I suspect I should get at least 600 KM (375 Mi) from1 tank?

So is there a fix fro these gauges or just keep replacing? Aftermarket?

Whats the tank size in a LS?

Unfortunatley, the last owner lost the owner manual. So I don't even have basic info. :(

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just filled up and reset odometer to get my milage. will report back.

But with a faulty indication, it'll be hard to tell when I'm near zero. I suspect I should get at least 600 KM (375 Mi) from1 tank?

So is there a fix fro these gauges or just keep replacing? Aftermarket?

Whats the tank size in a LS?

Unfortunatley, the last owner lost the owner manual. So I don't even have basic info. :(

if i can get around to it, i'll check my owners manual (i have an LS too...2009...)

i wonder if there are PDF versions of the cobalt manuals out there??? t'would be nice lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are pdf versions of the owners manual available from GM on their website for free.
Chevy Vehicle Manuals and Videos | Owners Manuals | Chevrolet
That page goes back to 2008.

Pulled these from my service DVD.
All units are US gallons.

2.0 Turbo LNF
ALL: 13.2

2.0 Supercharged LSJ
05: 13.5
06-07: 13.0

2.4 VVT LE5
06-08: 13

2.2 L61
05:13.5
06-08:13
NU3:13.5

2.2 VVT LAP
NO NU3:13
NU3:13.5

Last edited:

ramon

Reaction score
Thanks yellow eye. I downloaded the 2008 version anyway. I'll ask dealer for differences between 06 and 08.

ramon

Reaction score
What differences are you looking for?

I assume that the 06 Model and 08 model will have differences in certain functions or additions?

Maybe only cosmetics may have changed but sometimes there are huge upgrades or downgrades even in close model years, sometimes.

k

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok. So filled up several times and got about 500-550 KM (310-340 M) per tank. Seems normal. (mostly traffic and some highway)

The fuel level seemed to have stabilized for a while and remained correct in the upper ranges. Once in a while, below 1/4 tank, the numbers started to show low fuel range.

At this point, I'm really not concerned. Seems that if I fill up often, keeps the sender "exercised" and doesn't stick. Just a theory.

Thanks for all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup