Fusion Orange

05Turbo2.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have no problem getting to 230whp. I've been cranking out 258whp for over a year now and i have a stock motor 2.2. The turbo that is on my car is a T60-1 Hybrid turbo w/ ceramic ball bearings. I'm only running 10psi but the turbo flows 786 cfms. It has a 3 stage compressor wheel in the housing.

I'll be finishing up my motor build this winter and should be putting down 400+whp by next summer.

and PS... automatics loose more HP to the wheels then a stick, so with that said i dyno'd 258.94whp in my automatic cobalt :) food for thought on what you might end up making for power.

Last edited:

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have no problem getting to 230whp. I've been cranking out 258whp for over a year now and i have a stock motor 2.2. The turbo that is on my car is a T60-1 Hybrid turbo w/ ceramic ball bearings. I'm only running 10psi but the turbo flows 786 cfms. It has a 3 stage compressor wheel in the housing.

I'll be finishing up my motor build this winter and should be putting down 400+whp by next summer.

and PS... automatics loose more HP to the wheels then a stick, so with that said i dyno'd 258.94whp in my automatic cobalt :) food for thought on what you might end up making for power.

sounds like i may have to aim for more like 250 then

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall should delete this thread/ Remove it from the front page cause I def parted out my turbo shit a long time ago haha, just NA mods now

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you woulda made a hell of a lot more power turbo then NA for cheaper

um maybe?

Total cost to get my head PnP'd and installed = 350$
2.4: TB and Intake manifold- roughly 200$
LSJ exhaust manifold- like 20$ lol
LSJ DP traded for stock TB
2.5" catback- ill budget 200$ for that
Tune-250$

Full bolt ons PnP'd head and a tune for.... $1020
Turbo setup- absolute cheapest setup i could piece together budgetted out to around $2500 with the guages, tune, and whatever shop time i would have needed

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a cheap set up for less then that. more like around $1750. but yet and still, look at tom, he got a fully built engine and make maybe 200whp and ask him how much money he put into his car. turbo set up with a gt2860 mid 200 whp with plenty of room to upgrade. not knockin you dude. i dont know what your bank is like, but i personally think you shoulda kept going on with your turbo build if was going for straight power

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a cheap set up for less then that. more like around $1750. but yet and still, look at tom, he got a fully built engine and make maybe 200whp and ask him how much money he put into his car. turbo set up with a gt2860 mid 200 whp with plenty of room to upgrade. not knockin you dude. i dont know what your bank is like, but i personally think you shoulda kept going on with your turbo build if was going for straight power

1750 for everything you needed? the oil lines, the tapped pan, the tune, the Wideband, guage pod.... all that misc shit people normally leave out?
i doubt thats the case

But anyways, im not going for pure power, i drive a 2.2 fwd Car, but its all i have, so im going to mod away, but nothing too large... I'd just rather save that for whatever my next car might be

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i was gettin parts for dumb cheap lol. t25 for $100, intercooler/piping/manifold $200 and that was only a couple parts i got for dirt cheap. im tellin you, im the deal finder lol. but i feel ya tho with the wanting to save for the next car. i want a 4 door next, but im gonna pay off the cobalt next year first

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i was gettin parts for dumb cheap lol. t25 for $100, intercooler/piping/manifold $200 and that was only a couple parts i got for dirt cheap. im tellin you, im the deal finder lol. but i feel ya tho with the wanting to save for the next car. i want a 4 door next, but im gonna pay off the cobalt next year first

this car is all paid off i just need to start saving up $$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso