g5 rear end swap?

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What parts are needed to lose the 4 eyes, and get the g5 tails? Bumper, tailights, and trunk? I know the wiring may work with some re routing for the reverse, but am I missing anything.

And g5 guys that are thinking of going to the cobalt coupe rear end get at me. We can work out a deal.....free for both maybe. Lol

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's it, you'd have to ask one of the guys that's done it to be sure though.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only a couple have and I don't think any of them are on here.

I've seen people using the G5 OEM and aftermarket trunks on their Cobalts without a problem. The only hitch with doing the full swap is you need to run your reverse lights to the license plate area instead of the trunk lid.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trunk lid on the sedan is a different shape than the coupe and G5.

mkulrey13

Reaction score
What parts are needed to lose the 4 eyes, and get the g5 tails? Bumper, tailights, and trunk? I know the wiring may work with some re routing for the reverse, but am I missing anything.

And g5 guys that are thinking of going to the cobalt coupe rear end get at me. We can work out a deal.....free for both maybe. Lol

Its been Done a few times as mentioned. Simply swap Bumpers, Trunk, Taillights. Extend your wiring for the reverse lights down to the bumper and your golden. Trick is finding the parts, Last time i checked the tails were hard to find in decent shape since no aftermarket companies make any.

Couldn't you use a Cobalt sedan rear end, or is the trunk lid a different length?

Different size :(

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a G5 yesterday and realized I didn't have my tape measure :lol: I'll have to check on a buddies sedan too, I know it's the wrong size but in so far as swapping the entire rear end I'm curious.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you located? I've got a yellow g5, I'm mildly interested.

haha. if i wasnt in PA maybe we could have a discussion.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

are a g5 and sedans tail lights the same? i know the trunk isn't, but maybe the rest is able to be swapped. sedans are all over the junkyards around here. coupes, not so much, and ss's forget about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso