General Hid Information

Woolbright

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found them.

They use an H7

Here's what I need clarified. The website says it's projector for low beam and halogen for high beam, when I put on the high beams do the projectors turn off? And how does it work for the auto headlight setting?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lows turn off when the highs are engaged. That's how they all work, like I was saying in your other thread though, 2 diodes and a capacitor will keep them on. Like $10 with shrink wrap.

The auto setting it depends on the year, 05-06 your DRLs are the parking lights, 07+ the low beams are the DRLs.

Woolbright

Reaction score
Right, so I turn the car in during the day time and the projectors come on. I turn the car on at night and the car will provide more power to the headlights. Is that going to be a problem?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be fine. The only problem is if you run HIDs in those projectors the light won't be directed correctly (everywhere) and you'll need a relay harness for 07+.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Won't need an alignment, the reflector and lens are designed for halogen bulbs which have a small filament that emits light. HIDs have a much larger area that they emit light from.

Last edited:

Woolbright

Reaction score
Sooooo it would be the same as throwing an HID into the stock housing?

Because I thought the projector projects the HID light properly because there aren't reflectors.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct on the first count. It depends on the projector itself, everything off the shelf that I've seen for our cars isn't designed for HIDs.

Woolbright

Reaction score
Is there a difference that I can tell? Like something on the box or website that says it's meant for HIDs?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They would have to have the bowls and lenses replaced. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens are designed for halogen, the ones you posted are 4th gen and I think those are designed for halogens as well.

My 1st gens came with halogen bulbs mounted and had a sticker specifying that they were not for use with HIDs. When I eventually mounted HIDs in them the beam pattern had hotspots and dark lines. Stock housings with regular bulbs was brighter and more even.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais