Got my new intake!

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woot! Got my K&N Typhoon today. What a noticeable difference. The car sounds like it has some balls now. I was a little confused with the instructions on putting it on and had to cut the air flow tube to the engine but everything else wasn't too bad. i'll get a video of it soon enough, just gotta have a wingman hold the camera. But when it hits around 3000-3500 rpm, you can feel a low pulse vibration which makes it seem pretty freaking cool. Can't wait to get an exhaust to add to it!

So for my next mod (after i get tires), I'm gonna go with the Tsudo N1. And a question about headers if anyone knows... I was looking at some 2.4L header that's build for the 2.2's and it recommends having a catback and an intake before installing... Does it really matter what kind of each as long as they're doing their designated jobs?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all intake/exhaust mods will hurt your performance without a tune. any hp/tq gains you think u may feel is just a placebo affect. what you are doing is actually leaning the a/f ratio b/c there is more air getting in and out but there is no added fuel to compensate for this increase of air

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do i tune it then? I think I've said before in my last posts that I'm a noob at this stuff haha.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked at trifecta. But unfortunately for the Balts, they have to custom make it to each one. I plan on putting more things in my car than what's on it now, so the tune wouldn't be worth it in like 3 months...

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all intake/exhaust mods will hurt your performance without a tune. any hp/tq gains you think u may feel is just a placebo affect. what you are doing is actually leaning the a/f ratio b/c there is more air getting in and out but there is no added fuel to compensate for this increase of air

Doesn't the ECU adjust for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso