Headlight Condensation

Zac D

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My '08 cobalt's got some pretty bad condensation in the right headlight. I removed it and saw that these plastic clips hold the lense on. I'm afraid to bend these because the plastic seems pretty brittle. Any tips on going about getting the lense off? I already tried draining it from the back, didn't work too well...

Thanks,
Zac D.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not just plastic clips, there is a headlight sealant that has to be warmed as well. Many people remove the lenses by putting the headlights in the oven for a set period of time at low temperature to soften it up.

You might give using a hair dryer to heat and ventilate the headlamp, don't go too hot or you risk melting the lens.

ChanChan

Reaction score
I have a 08' cobalt, my passenger side front headlamp was looking gross with condensation. I did just like you did trying to see if I could give it life again. But no success. So i just ordered new headlamps from autopartswarehouse.com. I got brand new, ANZO Eagle Eye addition headlamps mailed to me. It was money well spent. I was very happy to trash the old headlamps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup