headlight issue... 08 ss

low_k3y

Reaction score
2008 cobalt ss

I've posted on other forums but looking to gather more feedback and see if anyones experienced this. I've been trying to figure this issue out and trying to avoid stealership at all costs. I'm afraid its coming to that..

I've checked...
-fuses
-replaced stalk/multifunction lever.

When I push the turn signal lever away from me, the low beams turn off and there are no high beams (just the side lights are lit). When i pull the lever towards me, the high beams flash like they are supposed to and stay on if I hold it.

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be annoying question, but did they ever work right? When did they stop working correctly? When you checked your fuses, did you check to see if power was going to them or just pull them to see if they were blown? I would suspect there is a relay somewhere in the fuse box as well. Numerous previous situations come to mind. The fact that both don't work kind of rules out wiring harness problem, the fact that they work when you FLASH FOR PASS rules out bad ground, broken wire. Really left with what keeps the circuit energized when you change from LO to Hi. I'm assuming you replaced the turn signal lever(multifunction switch) with a new one, did you examine the connector for broken wires, corrosion? Try wiggling all the fuses and relays in the fuse box with the HI beams on. Might flicker or flash, do it at dusk. There's a ground wire for the lights just under the coolant tank and another on the rear side of the saddle/radiator support behind the drivers head light(I don't believe this one is for the lights, it's a bit thin). There is the possibility of WRONG HEAD LIGHT BULBS, AFTERMARKET HEAD LIGHTS WIRED WRONG, BULBS BURNED OUT. Some times the filaments inside the bulb will fall but get power from the other circuit. I have seen some aftermarket head lights wired incorrectly, or when you push them together the connecting pins push out of the plug. I'm not saying any of these are your problem, just stuff to look for before you go to the stealership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie