HELP Pedders!!!!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Q: Does the tag matter right side up or upside down?
1637-pedders-rear-spring.jpg

And I'm still fighting with it to get the rears seated.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

so how do they ride man?

Today with the rear springs not completely seated it drove awesome, hoping it maintains the ride after I get em fixed.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ohh you buy used?

No I bought new, fresh off the line in Australia to OTTP then right to me. These were probably made less than a month ago.

I fixed the fitment issue, ended up melting the ridges down on the bumpstop to make it fit, worked out well enough I suppose. Would have preferred fitment like my Eibachs had, but the end result I am hoping will be better, as I like the way it rides better now than with the Sportlines.

Just need the rear springs to settle a bit, I'll post up some pictures tomorrow when I get em off my camera.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I bought new, fresh off the line in Australia to OTTP then right to me. These were probably made less than a month ago.

I fixed the fitment issue, ended up melting the ridges down on the bumpstop to make it fit, worked out well enough I suppose. Would have preferred fitment like my Eibachs had, but the end result I am hoping will be better, as I like the way it rides better now than with the Sportlines.

The tag that is on the spring, should give you the date it came off the line.

Also, I had a hell of a time with mine too. I just soaked the "dickplates" with WD-40, and then used a rubber mallet to hammer them in. Also slapped the "dickplates" on the ground a couple of times. If you get both "dicks" into both ends of the spring, set them on the ground... when placed right side up, they should lean slightly forward... the side leaning forward... should be placed facing forward... if you get what I'm saying.

Its hard to see, but the rear coils are just very very slightly wider on the bottom few coils... if you get what I'm saying.

The fronts will/should have about 1/2" of gap or so, while the rears will have right about 1" of gap.

dsc03920.jpg

dsc04330.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie