Hey cobaltians, little help plz

scotlcky13

Reaction score
New here, glad to have found a site for all of us to exchange ideas,thoughts, and expierences.

I read that there is a recall on Cobalts from 2k6-10, has anyone recieved their recall notice from Chevy? Can we just bring our cars for this recall to any Chevy dealership, or it must be the dealership where we bought the car?

I'm also intrested in installing a 5 channel amp to run a system in my 2009 4 door LT. I want to keep the factory CD player (non Pioneer and have the OnStar, although I let it expire a few months back and don't plan on getting it again.) Best Buy said they'd charge me around $500 Plus equipment to install the amp to the factory radio. Anyone have expierence with this to confirm to me that Best Buy is just trying to rip me off please?

Glad to have find you guys, if one of you could pass me your expierence with installing a system to the factory Chevy radio I'd appriciate it greatly. :D

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome...

There is a recall, but i think we have to wait on the letters to arrive before we take them in, I may be wrong though...

As far as the sound system what are you trying to hook up? 2 door speakers, 2 rear speakers and a sub?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah gotta wait for the letter, not all vehicles are under the recall only certain VIN numbers

scotlcky13

Reaction score
Thanks 4 Recall 411.

I want to to a simple audio set up w/ as much factory apperance as possible. i researched that i can keep my 5 1/4 in the door w/ a bracket, and I'd have to do a custom install on the 1" tweets. I'm thinking of placing them under the inside front door handels, so that the tweets are w/ in 18" of the mids. I have a pair of Kenwood 6x9 in the rear and possible later adding a sealed 8 or 10 in the trunk. Over all I want to keep my system on the DL so deff want to keep the factory stereo, but Best Buy $500 + equip=B.S. I can install the amp to the factory radio correct? Love the battery in the trunk so I can keep wires short. Thanks for any thoughts/help on this guys.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
for one the speaker in my doors when i got my system put in was 6x5s and the rear deck had 6x9s, well thats what was installed, however the owners manual says that the ones in the door are 5 1/4s ?!?!! anywho mine are 6x5s im not sure which is supposed to be there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts