Hey guys

06_2010

Reaction score
Hey guys! New guy with a new (to me) 06 Cobalt! Got it for only 3800 bucks with 65000 miles on it, and with 28 miles a gallon one cant complain! Im looking to maybe be able to get more MPG out of it, and i feel like this is the right place for questions, here are a few pics of it...

DSCF0372.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! Now for your question.

Get an intake and exhaust and stay off the pedal, my LT got 38mpg last time I drove x-country. Here's what I had done: AEM intake, 2.4 intake manifold, LSJ exhaust manifold and downpipe, and 2.5in catback with resonator and muffler.

But you have to not smash on it, around town I was getting 22 because I had a heavy foot most of the time.

06_2010

Reaction score
Welcome! Now for your question.

Get an intake and exhaust and stay off the pedal, my LT got 38mpg last time I drove x-country. Here's what I had done: AEM intake, 2.4 intake manifold, LSJ exhaust manifold and downpipe, and 2.5in catback with resonator and muffler.

But you have to not smash on it, around town I was getting 22 because I had a heavy foot most of the time.

hell yea dude thats what im going for, lookin to get about 40 mpg and 38 sounds kickass to me! where can i get all this? is there a preferred website?

thanks alot guys!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What Bryan said, you can get most of it from other members, or junkyards if you have them near you at all. Look for wrecked 05-07 SS/SC for the exhaust pieces, intake manifold can be found on any LE5 (2.4 non-SC SS) or LAP (2.2 09-10 LS, LT, LT1, LT2, SS). Then just grab and intake from AEM or K&N and hit up Trifecta Tuning for your tune. :)

06_2010

Reaction score
well i have an old cold air intake that i might see if i can get to work on it, rather then stock, and if that works well ill buy a K&N one, and just take baby steps from there unless i can get a good deal haha thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts