HID Question

andrew4554

Reaction score
:emotions122:

Hello everyone

I am planning to buy a HID kit for my 2007 Cobalt LT. I have been doing some research and I do have a question about the install. I want to find a HID kit that plugs into my factory harness. When researching I saw some kits where you would have to ground and add power to ballast. Is their a kit out their that plugs into the factory harness without grounding and adding power to the ballast?
Also I have a another question: what is difference between bi-xenon and regular. Is it worth the extra money?

P.S. I was thinking these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xeno...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks Guys,

Last edited:

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
:emotions122:

Hello everyone

I am planning to buy a HID kit for my 2007 Cobalt LT. I have been doing some research and I do have a question about the install. I want to find a HID kit that plugs into my factory harness. When researching I saw some kits where you would have to ground and add power to ballast. Is their a kit out their that plugs into the factory harness without grounding and adding power to the ballast?
Also I have a another question: what is difference between bi-xenon and regular. Is it worth the extra money?

P.S. I was thinking these: Xenon HID 9007 6000K Conversion Kit Chevy Cobalt 05-07 - eBay (item 260623220847 end time Jan-17-11 01:00:25 PST)

Thanks Guys,

bi-xenon is basically a kit that allows you to have HI/LOW beam HID. the kit would come with 2 ballasts. I have just the LO setup and i never use my high beams. i do have bulbs that allow me to use my highs, but they are just regular bulbs integrated with the HID bulb. now, for a good kit, try HID Kits - Xenon Kit - Car Lights or HID Kit Headlight HID Kits Fog Light HIDs Conversion Kit Xenon HID Lights Bulbs.
i use a kit from CARHIDKITS.COM and they work great. the kit is plug and play. it plugged right into my stock harness, no grounding the ballast or anything like that. i got the 6000k kit and the light output is great. i paid around $93 shipped. HIDKIT.COM offers a kit for $69 shipped, but i can't attest to the quality of their kit. i hope this helps.

JubjubW

Reaction score
if youre willing to wait... and wait... and wait... id go with DDMtuning i know a lot of people who run them on my old forums and i bought em... now I just need to find new bulbs...

andrew4554

Reaction score
Would buying Bi-Xenon Also reduce glare?

Would buying Bi-Xenon Also reduce glare?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing thats gonna reduce glare is getting propper projector lenses e.g.: Retrofitted OEM projectors or aftermarket projectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso