High mileage Cobalts

AmyF

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt LS 4 door. I bought it brand new from the lot with 13 miles on it back in July 2010. As of today Jan 7, my car now has 113,350 miles and is still running GREAT! Around 100K I did a tune up, changed the antifreeze and the transmission fluid. I change the oil every 5000-7000 miles with just the regular oil. For about a year back in 2011 I had been using the synthetic oil but switched back. No real issues. I had one small issue that was still covered under warranty so they fixed it - something with misfiring cylinder I forget exactly what it was.

I have a long commute that's on about 90% highway roads so that's probably something that helps. I drive about 97 miles round trip daily not counting any other driving or weekend travel. On the highway I get around 32-35 mpg depending on the speed (I'm on the turnpike most of the way), and around town get about 27 mpg.

Last night it dropped to -14 degrees with wind chills over -30 degrees and luckily I didn't have any issues with it starting this morning.

Anyone else do a lot of driving - curious who else has high mileage.

My husband has a 2009 Chevy Cobalt LS 4door that he also bought new from the dealer lot with about 9 miles on it. Now his has about 157,000 miles. His still runs great as well. We'll probably sell his and our older van later this year to get an SUV as a 2nd vehicle and keep mine for at least another 1-2 years. This is the first time I bought a brand new car and have been really pleased with how it's performed. The only complaints I have are little things like the trunk sometimes you have to shut it twice since it doesn't always "lock" on the first try but it's been that way since about 500 miles lol I just never did anything about it. Also that little plastic cubbie hole drawer by the drivers side door is permanently bent because once I left it open and banged it with my knee. Seats are too hard and there's too much wind noice. BUT - it runs great and has been extremely reliable - a great commuter.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear your enjoying the cars. You'd be quite shocked what ppl have taken them to. I believe there is 1 at 288k miles. Not to sure. Wind noise is unavoidable. Especially with a sunroof . 1 major thing you should consider is the timing chain components. A refresh of that and good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts