high pressure overflow - Evap system

shluke

Reaction score
Hey everyone, having a problem with my 05 LS and hope someone has run into this before.

For the past month or so my check engine light has been coming on and throwing a P0496 (high pressure overflow) code. i've learnt that this may also be linked with my fill up issue. every time i put fuel in my car and try to start it, it wants to stall. i literally have to rev the motor at 2000 rpm for 15-20 seconds and then its fine. it doesn't matter if i put $5 or $50 in the tank or if its empty or full.

i've read this is a common problem for the car, any suggestions before i take it to a mechanic?

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely an EVAP canister issue sounds like u have some kind of restriction because usually the vapors from the gas tank vent through your EVAP canister vent valve if there is some kind or restriction in between there an your vapors are not properly venting they will vent through your gas cap usually common on dusty or muddy conditions , most likely an EVAP canister assembly , I also Check all the lines going to it for restrictions

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso