hmph. speaker problem

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay well, before i got a new setup, my passenger door speaker wasn't working. it would occasionally, but not very much. I thought it was a blown speaker, so i ordered my new setup :

2x 5 1/4 250 watt soundstorm
2x 6x9 450 watt soundstorm
3x 1800 watt 10" soundstorm
3x 1500 watt 12" soundstorm
2x 5000 watt competition amps
kenwood deck

the passenger speaker still doesnt work. i know everything is hooked up correctly. what could be the problem? i dont understand ..

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wiring is the only thing left to check, you replaced everything else. So my guess is that one of the 2 wires crapped out somewhere along the line.

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm.. does anybody know how to rewire that speaker ? or how much a dealer would charge to re-wire that one speaker ?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Break out the multimeter and make sure that's the problem first. Check both wires for continuity, if one doesn't then you know which wire you need to re-run, then just grab a speaker wire and run the line from the console to the door. You dont want the dealer to do it...well unless you like being ass raped with no lube.

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm.. does anybody know how to rewire that speaker ? or how much a dealer would charge to re-wire that one speaker ?

check with them on how much they charge for 1 hr of labor as that is what we charge here at work to do the exact same thing.....our 1 hr labor is $55 if that helps any

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts