How can i fit 12" kickers in my car?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone has sorta forgot to ask how big is the box. fitting 2 12s in there is easy but your box may be too big to fit.

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
I have a 15" Diamond D3.4 in a ported L box. the box dimensions are 40" long 18" deep and 16 3/4" tall. i had 42" to spare wall to wall in my trunk, but i made it fit ;]. the only way to get it in was remove all of the back seat, even the lower seat belt harnesses. im hitting 141db at 52 cycles per second on a JL Audio J2500.1 and a kenwood excelon headunit. not sure the model number on head unit. I will post pictures soon.

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 2x kicker l7's in a kicker ported box . I had a hard time struggling to get them in. I removed the back seats. There is a gray cardboard type thing behing the seats. That covers the rear speakers. move that up a little bit and theres a steel beam sorta thats stopping it from going into the trunk. I just used a pair of tin snips and cut it and bent it up. that worked for me .

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had my large ported box in my LT, had to remove the seat backs to fit it in thru the back part.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have the technology.
sawzall_large.jpg

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
I ran 2x kicker l7's in a kicker ported box . I had a hard time struggling to get them in. I removed the back seats. There is a gray cardboard type thing behing the seats. That covers the rear speakers. move that up a little bit and theres a steel beam sorta thats stopping it from going into the trunk. I just used a pair of tin snips and cut it and bent it up. that worked for me .

that beam you cut is the strongest point in the car... i hope you welded it back because if you get in a wreck, its gonna be bad without that strong point.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

My whole install of amp and sub box took a total of 4 almost 5 hours from start to finish. takes time to get it right the first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup