How do i remove the air silencer/intake silencer?

pablowest

Reaction score
I own an 07 cobalt LT stock and wanted to work on it 1 thing at a time. my first target is to remove air silencer. ive attempted once and my dad thinks its not hooked up to the intake even though its still in there, and he knows its in there. we just looked under the intake and it felt loose and was not stuck to the intake. is it supposed to be loose? is there an easier way to remove it? i heard you can remove it by taking out the head light, but my dad dont trust me, and it was hard to remove the headlight. (afraid of breaking something). pictures would be nice, a video will be even better, thanks.

Hi. I've been trying also to remove mine. But I was thinking how to get rid off it. Thanks for posting it here. I will try to read some post here and I gain some information how to remove it. :D

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it both ways, through the headlight and through the passenger wheel-well. Loosening the wheel-well was WAY easier, provides total access to the silencer and to the two places it's held on.

ZapFrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine straight out of the bottom of the car. There is 1 socket and 3 push-pins I think theyre called. It would NOT fit through the headlight. Also, I had a K&N short ram and I seen no difference . I did the airbox mod and I seen a ton of diffrence so I'm sticking to this for now .

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine straight out of the bottom of the car. There is 1 socket and 3 push-pins I think theyre called. It would NOT fit through the headlight. Also, I had a K&N short ram and I seen no difference . I did the airbox mod and I seen a ton of diffrence so I'm sticking to this for now .

is an airbox mod another name for the spectre intake? also im not planing to get a short ram, but a cai. i think it would make a difference

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I tried it both ways, through the headlight and through the passenger wheel-well. Loosening the wheel-well was WAY easier, provides total access to the silencer and to the two places it's held on.

thats what im going to do on my next oil change. probably next week or so

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie