How good are the stock speakers on the 07 LT sedan.

Chevy

Reaction score
I have an 07 LT Sedan and was wondering how good the speakers are on the cobalt. I am not sure how loud I can get them.

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends if you have the Pioneer system. Those are decent.
If it's the 4 speaker system then they don't sound good when turned up.
Changing my speakers was the one of the first things i did to my car. Just cheep aftermarkets will sound a lot better then stock.

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea mine arent the greatest right now, but im just waiting to blow so i could jus install my new ones lol

Chevy

Reaction score
Any suggestions on speakers that are affordable and if I change my speakers do I have to change the head unit aswell.

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to change the head unit. but that would only make them sound better
you can pretty well get even the cheapest brand name speakers and you will get 50-80% better sound.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

but keep in mind. if you want 3 ways , 2 ways. are you going to put subs in at any time? do you want bass up front or just in the back ones?

id used to install /sell car audio and when people walked in and asked what are good ones i pointed them to the sound booth .. go and try all the sets one at a time. because what i like you mite not.

myself i go with good vocals in the front and something with a bit of bass in the back. altho if you have subs on all the time you dont need bass on the back. get more vocals for an all around better sound in total

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also remember a nice HU with a good eq and possibly High pass filter can make the stock speakers sound better. depending on your price level and obviously car it might be more productive to do the HU over the speakers. The 30 dollar pioneers you get at walmart are worse then stock by far.

kawkinurjawl

Reaction score
the factory speakers are basically 5-7 layers of half-*** copy paper binded together with elmers glue. the speakers cant handle more than 30 watts of power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup