How have you improved your fuel economy?

steddy2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way anyone is averaging 40mpg for a whole tank of gas.

Tuning will help as long as you turn up the timing and ask for less commanded fuel.

Your best bet would to be INCREASE the PE delay as well.

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way anyone is averaging 40mpg for a whole tank of gas.

Tuning will help as long as you turn up the timing and ask for less commanded fuel.

Your best bet would to be INCREASE the PE delay as well.

I have. While going to college it is all highway miles, I don't get that every tank because I am usually running late. If I keep my speed at 70 mph it is easily done.

steddy2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have. While going to college it is all highway miles, I don't get that every tank because I am usually running late. If I keep my speed at 70 mph it is easily done.

You're not doing it in Beckley.

Sorry.

Maybe on some of the downhill trips :lol:

I've driven all around that area, and the only way you will get 40 mpg for a whole tank of gas is in an XFE, and drive on flat ground.

Not around Beckley WV :rofl:

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't say in the city of Beckley, I said when commuting to college about 50 miles all highway.That being said, when i drive in town with stop and go traffic I am getting around 27-29 mpg

LotusRenaultF1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 35-40 in my 2.2 XFE on the highway, though I think my air filter is disrupting that. I'm burning fuel like a V8 all of a sudden. Depends on what roads you drive on and how you drive on them.

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your tires are air correctly.
And lose some weight from the car.

sent from my inspire!

ddagcarlson

Reaction score
My buddy is getting over 40 on the highway and all's he did was went to a K&N cold air intake on his 06 LT. This is the first thing I am doing to my 06 LT. Next I would go to the improved catback exhaust system which should further improve mpg by 2-3 (some report higher but this is where you need to start to "chip" the system to maximize the changes in air flow and exhaust).

One caution though, both of ours are manual transmissions which get greater mpg to start with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson