how to adjust rear drums on 07 balt.. ?

becareless06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do i adjust my rear brakes on my 07 balt.. some one told me to pull the ebake 10 times but did nothing tryed backin up and hiting brakes.. so i dont knoe the correct way thanks russ

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the brakes should be adjusted after replacement/repair, adjust until the shoes barely touch the drum. on the back plate there should be a hole with a rubber grommet in it. remove the rubber and there will be an star adjuster visible through the hole. use a flat head screw driver to rotate the star adjuster up or down to adjust the brake shoe clearance.

Last edited:

becareless06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thxs guys ill look tomarro on my day off my it only has 55000 miles on it.. feels like im only braking on fronts and if u pull the ebrake it only engages all the way up

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you may need new brakes, take the wheel off and the drum to check and make sure that the components are still working properly and that they aren't seized. If you're braking only with the front and there is life on the shoes, your automatic adjusters may be seized or need replacement.

Last edited:

H3br3wHamm3r81

Reaction score
Place the tool through the hole in the back and rotate the adjuster down to move the shoes away from the drum (bring the shoes together). This will help remove the drum from the hub. Rotate the adjuster up to move the shoes toward the drum (separate the shoes).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie