How to Clean Sunroof Drains?

Discussion in '"How To" Request' started by Liz.05LS, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Liz.05LS

Liz.05LS Junior Member

Hoping someone can provide me with a link or write me a short recommendation. I'm looking for a how-to on cleaning the sunroof drains. I keep doing Google searches, but I'm not getting any good results.. just generic ones from sites like eHow and Fixya. I'm in CT and it's been raining for a week and I have puddles on both the passenger and driver sides. I know it's not coolant, just dirty water.. lol I have to park under trees at work, so I'm thinking I have leaves and other tree debris clogging it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

2. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

Found this.

3. onedoughboy

onedoughboy Full Access Member

Open the roof all the way or locate the torx screws that remove the glass all together. There are four drains, they are located in the corners. I like to use compressed air to blow them out, I stick a plastic tube over a blow gun and push it in about six inches as to not blow the connection apart. Start with the air slowly, you should here it coming out the bottom. You can pour water in the channel and make sure it drains after or before. You should also check the seal around the glass, if it's lifted, the water will go between the glass and the seal, and the water will just drip off the inside of the glass, to far away for the channel to even catch it.

4. Liz.05LS

Liz.05LS Junior Member

Thanks, guys! The headliner is dry and doesn't have any water stains. I think it's coming from under the dash.. starting to wonder if it's even related to the sunroof.. I like the compressed air and pouring water into the channel idea (also sounds easier than dropping the headliner). I will try that tomorrow and see what happens.. Thanks, again!

5. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

It's probably disconnected towards the bottom of the windshield.