How To Make Your LNF Fast

cubaniche

Reaction score
to the guy that posted about ther lsj's....this is the lnf performance thread. Hit your back button and click on the 2.0lsj thread for more info. As far as intakes go the AEM has proven to be spot on in most cases. I had the injen and it was a no no and was off by up tp -10 on the tables. Where as my AEM is only off about 3-5% which okay since stock, the numbers are at about -4 -3. I have had zero issues with it. Fit is excellent, and it sounds like darth vader on cold starts to warm up...plus it makes the BPV sound ALOT better. No need for a BOV unless your into making your car sneeze. Good write up!

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the guy that posted about ther lsj's....this is the lnf performance thread. Hit your back button and click on the 2.0lsj thread for more info. As far as intakes go the aem has proven to be spot on in most cases. I had the injen and it was a no no and was off by up tp -10 on the tables. Where as my aem is only off about 3-5% which okay since stock, the numbers are at about -4 -3. I have had zero issues with it. Fit is excellent, and it sounds like darth vader on cold starts to warm up...plus it makes the bpv sound alot better. No need for a bov unless your into making your car sneeze. Good write up!

fail

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the guy that posted about ther lsj's....this is the lnf performance thread. Hit your back button and click on the 2.0lsj thread for more info. As far as intakes go the AEM has proven to be spot on in most cases. I had the injen and it was a no no and was off by up tp -10 on the tables. Where as my AEM is only off about 3-5% which okay since stock, the numbers are at about -4 -3. I have had zero issues with it. Fit is excellent, and it sounds like darth vader on cold starts to warm up...plus it makes the BPV sound ALOT better. No need for a BOV unless your into making your car sneeze. Good write up!

The BPV is bad for these cars. i have it and am 99% confident it caused my map sensor failure

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my map sensor failed on me...i have reason to belive it was due to the BPV spring

hb_ss/tc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those are no bueno.

Myself & LilSS have one and neither of us have it installed. lol

Last edited:

08inBama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Dejon, but its coming out SOON... I lost my stock one, found someone who had a put a BOV on that sold me their stock spring... it shipped Friday

while stock, I noticed no ill effects, with the boost turned up, it seems to get a little turbo surge, mainly right when I start a trip, after I get to 3rd gear it seems to all but go away until the next start up... either way, I'm going back with the stock one ASAP, I still don't know what I did with my stock spring, lol

I used to run a fenderwell CAI, and I had some surge, so I took it off... that was when I was stock, but I had made an intake out of a spectre kit(made it LONG before the vendors had any out, and removed it in about December)... in the future, i'm going to go with the AEM intake, it seems to have the best results. I may just get the turbo inlet elbow(from the MAF to the BPV), you can get JUST the elbow through summit for like $160(its back ordered right now)... the setup ZZP runs on their LNF is a K&N drop in, with the snorkel mod(which I have, its where you cut off the 2 1/2" restriction and then use a coupling to connect the snorkel to the air box), and the AEM elbow... their LNF Cobalt is currently the fastest one out there as well, and I don't think Matt will mind but here is his air box mod.... All credit goes to Matt of ZZP:

We have been doing dozens of dyno pulls on our new SS/T trying out new parts and tuning in multiple combinations. After trying a few intake mods, I decided to modify the factory airbox. Here is a step by step inexpensive modification if anyone is interested:

The airbox inlet and fenderwell tube are shown here. The ID of the fenderwell tube necks down to about 2.5", and therefore becomes restrictive on high HP setups.

LNFairboxmod1.JPG

After removing the airbox, notch the plastic as shown:
LNFairboxmod2.JPG

Next, cut the fenderwell tube just before it starts to bend. Remove the plastic brackets from the tube. I cut all of the bracket off and it left a hole in the tube. You can leave some of the bracket on and avoid the hole. It will still fit fine in the new configuration.

LNFairboxmod3.JPG

With the airbox back in place, connect the fenderwell tube to the airbox using a 3.25" silicone coupler and 2 clamps.
LNFairboxmod4.JPG

Completed:
LNFairboxmod5.JPG

when you gut off the restriction, I left a little bit of the bracket so I wouldn't get that hole he got, I didn't cut it flush, even with part of the bracket on you can angle the piece to where it will still fit and miss the bracket it installs under

Like I said, that is the setup they run, they HAD the full AEM kit on, but got better results with the stock air box and using just the elbow, as the elbow is where the REAL restriction is, and with the open cone filter, its hard to get the MAF to act right....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie