How To perform a TPMS relearn (w/ & w/o keyless entry)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Figured I'd toss this up for the people that either don't have an owners manual or don't know where to find the Ebook (hint: chevrolet.com)

For the RKE guys just follow all the steps and ignore the blue lines. Non RKE people substitute the blue line for the line above it in your steps.

TPMS Matching Process for Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
TPMS Matching Process for Vehicles without Remote Keyless Entry (RKE )

1. Set the parking brake.

2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.

3. Press and hold the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter’s lock and unlock buttons, at the same time, for about five seconds to start the TPMS learn mode. The horn sounds twice indicating the TPMS receiver is ready and in learn mode.
3. Using the Driver Information Center (DIC), press the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time for about one second. Then press and release the INFO button until the TIRE LEARN? message displays. Press and hold the Set/Reset DIC button for approximately three seconds to start the TPMS learn mode. The horn sounds twice to indicate the TPMS receiver is ready and the TIRE LEARN ON message displays.

4. Start with the driver side front tire. The driver side front turn signal also comes on to indicate that corner’s sensor is ready to be learned.

5. Remove the valve cap from the tire’s valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for about eight seconds. The horn chirp, can take up to 30 seconds to sound. It chirps one time and then all the turn signals flash one time to confirm the sensor identification code has been matched to the tire/wheel position.

6. The passenger side front turn signal comes on to indicate that corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the passenger side front tire and repeat the procedure in Step 5.

7. The passenger side rear turn signal comes on to indicate that corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire and
repeat the procedure in Step 5.

8. The driver side rear turn signal comes on to indicate that corner sensor is ready to be learned. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat
the procedure in Step 5.

9. After hearing the single horn chirp for the driver side rear tire, two additional horn chirps sound to indicate the tire learning process is done. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF. If no tires are learned after entering the TPMS learn mode, or if communication with the receiver stops, or if the time limit has expired, turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF and start over beginning with Step 2.
9. After hearing the single horn chirp for the driver side rear tire, two additional horn chirps sound to indicate the tire learning process is done. The LEARN COMPLETE message displays if all four tire positions are learned. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF. If no tires are learned after entering the TPMS learn mode, or if communication with the receiver stops, or if the time limit has expired, the TIRE LEARN? message displays on the DIC. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF and start over beginning with Step 2.

10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.

11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

Last edited:

talon31391

Reaction score
2008 chevy cobalt sport TPMS

so i looked at every forum info center manual i could find. the way that it all says is hold down the info and set/reset buttons and the relearn option will come up. on my car it does nothing. i have 1 reset button 1 set button 1 info button and 1 arrow. ive done all options of holding them and nothing will come up other than oil life reset. i cannot perform a tpms relearn. does anyone know a different way

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
2005-2006 should be these two buttons:
2475938736204572.JPG

2007-2010 is these ones:
oilreset.jpg

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use the cruise control buttons, use the lower 2. I don't have cruise on my 09 LS and it worked a couple weeks ago, took me a few tries to get it right but made it through.

talon31391

Reaction score
yea i have the 4 buttons on the left with the cruise control but only using the bottom 2 only lets me reset my oil life. it doesnt give me an option for tpms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson