i got locked IN my car...

michaellewgood

Reaction score
occasionally when i go to open my door from either the inside or out, my pull on the handle (both inside and out) and nothing happens. It seems like handle somehow gets disconnected from the door latch. In order for me to get it to work again I have to hit below the handle on it outside of the car. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt. I know im not the only one with this problem because when i googled it i found that hitting below the handle sometimes works. Anyone know why this is actually happening and how i can fix it? i have spray lubricant into the latch to try and make it work better but i havent noticed a difference.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep had this happen on my 06LT, don't recall what the issue was but it had something to do with the outer door handle latch mechanism.

If you wanna find out what exactly it is remove your inner door panel drive around like that until it does it again and diagnose from there.

SloBalt_L61

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but mine was still under warranty so I had all my door handles replaced inside and out the plastic was breaking where it connected to the actuators that released the door locks.

05lscoupe

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine, go on the inside handle and pull It as far as it will go and let it snap back to its normal position, do tht til it works again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup