inexpensive muffler

osielRR

Reaction score
Well I decided to INVEST instead of budget with this car. So I see most guys run a cat back, what exactly is a cat back? And what are some decent brands?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a "cat back exhaust" is an exhaust that's from the catalytic converter "cat" to the rear of the car "back"... i'm happy with my tsudo but there are other nicer ones out there. the gmpp ones are pretty nice along with any mandrel bent exhaust with a magnaflow or a corsa muffler. it's really personal preference

osielRR

Reaction score
a "cat back exhaust" is an exhaust that's from the catalytic converter "cat" to the rear of the car "back"... i'm happy with my tsudo but there are other nicer ones out there. the gmpp ones are pretty nice along with any mandrel bent exhaust with a magnaflow or a corsa muffler. it's really personal preference

Well I decided on a corsa sport cat back. I have a 07 LS decided I would like to invest some money into the engine instead of rice it out. I would love to turbo charge it but don't really think that would be a good investment on a LS. I am going to also get a cold air weapon r intake any other suggestion on engine mods?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't get a weapon r... get an injen.... fyi, i have an 08 LS that i supercharged. so turbo wouldn't be a big deal... as long as you build the internals for more boost.

more engine mods for N/A... 2.4 intake/throttle body.. header/downpipe... solid mounts.. and then if suspension upgrade to a full fe5 set up

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

also obviously a tune... you'll need that for the 2.4 throttle body anyways

osielRR

Reaction score
don't get a weapon r... get an injen.... fyi, i have an 08 LS that i supercharged. so turbo wouldn't be a big deal... as long as you build the internals for more boost.

more engine mods for N/A... 2.4 intake/throttle body.. header/downpipe... solid mounts.. and then if suspension upgrade to a full fe5 set up

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

also obviously a tune... you'll need that for the 2.4 throttle body anyways

What's the difference with supercharging? What steps need to me done in order to supercharge? What are good site for the trottle body?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the difference with supercharging? What steps need to me done in order to supercharge? What are good site for the trottle body?

Supercharger is good for better than 200 off the bat. Think there's a how to worth a parts list around here somewhere. Staying N/A won't net you a whole lot unless you dump money into it and even then you're looking at sub-250 at best.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on eBay for oem parts. Supercharger is fun and shouldn't blow your engine up, turbo is more stress I believe. After all said and done, you're looking over 2k

osielRR

Reaction score
Well I think I will hold off on the supercharge for now untill I have the time to do it, so for now I going with the corsa cat back muffler a injen intake and not sure on the headers or down pipe, suggestions?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

What are your guys review on the bad mab headers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie