installing power door locks

lukkys

Reaction score
I'm putting in aftermarket PDL on my 2010 LS.Where should i run the wires,i know i have to run them in the rubber hose by the hinges but the back door post where does it come out at the floor,do i run it under the carpet,and should i get the power from the battery in trunk or go for the fuse box wherever it is.It would be nice to hear from someone that went through this already.Thanks again guys

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the door sills and run all wires along the factory harness to the front of the car, if you have a remote start installed already then its pretty straightforward all you need is a add on power lock module like a directed 451m or a commando alarms power lock module. You wire all the locks to the module and that will control the lock/unlock function for you. The rear doors exit under the seat belt area for the front seats its easy enough to see once you remove all the panels. If you do not have a remote start or alarm then you will need to add one to the car which usually requires some wiring for constant power and ground as well as running the antenna for the module. You will also need to mount the solenoids in the door connecting them to door latch meaning you will need to drill and mount them then bend the rod to attach it to the door latch lock/unlock tab on the latch. The cobalt doors are cable lock/unlock so you can not just attach it to rods that used to be in the doors which was easier. As a side note if you can get factory ones with some of the harness you can just use those as solenoids wired to the door lock module.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso