Is my cobalt dead?

terrycobalt05

Reaction score
Hey friends, I own a 2005 Chev Cobalt with a 2.2L Ecotec engine. About a week ago when I went out to start the car, I found that the power steering was not working, the wipers were not working, the air conditioner was not working, nor was the cruise control. I checked and changed all the fuses in the car as well as all of the relay switches in both fuse panels. The next day I went out to look around some more and now the car won't even turn on! I thought that maybe the battery was dead but it is fully charged, so I also checked all of the drive belts and reset the computer by leaving the ignition for 20 minutes and turning the key off and then trying to start it. (as per the dealership instructions) still no deal. If anyone can help us out, my family and I would really appreciate it. I know that having it towed to the dealership is a last resort and I am about to do so but the cost that will be incurred will be great. Our funds are drained by family health issues as of late.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does it try to do when you attempt to start it? did you get the power steering recall?

white balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the ignition lock recall done also?

what signature?

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey friends, I own a 2005 Chev Cobalt with a 2.2L Ecotec engine. About a week ago when I went out to start the car, I found that the power steering was not working, the wipers were not working, the air conditioner was not working, nor was the cruise control. I checked and changed all the fuses in the car as well as all of the relay switches in both fuse panels. The next day I went out to look around some more and now the car won't even turn on! I thought that maybe the battery was dead but it is fully charged, so I also checked all of the drive belts and reset the computer by leaving the ignition for 20 minutes and turning the key off and then trying to start it. (as per the dealership instructions) still no deal. If anyone can help us out, my family and I would really appreciate it. I know that having it towed to the dealership is a last resort and I am about to do so but the cost that will be incurred will be great. Our funds are drained by family health issues as of late.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

Hi Terrycobalt05,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your vehicle. I definitely understand your frustrations. If you like, I can research further if you private message me your vehicle's VIN# to see if there are any special recalls related to some of the issues you're experiencing. I know you mentioned the dealership would be a last resort but luckily, you have contacted them about the issues you've experienced so far just in case you have to have the repairs done there. The dealership should be able to properly diagnose.

Vanessa,
GM Customer Service

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso