Is this normal?

Punk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup i look for about 20mins and didnt find anything

Remy

Reaction score
Most likely you are going to need a new shifter. It's not too common of a problem, but common enough. The Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI or Bitsy as we call it) Solenoid probably crapped out. The BTSI sends a signal to the ignition lock solenoid and tells it that it's ok to release the key. Ignition lock prevents you from taking the key out unless the car is in Park. The button on the bottom of the steering column is the fail-safe for when the BTSI quits. Its a small part, but you cannot get it separate of the whole shifter assembly.

06_2010

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys! i just ended up finding a button under the wheel that would allow me to take the key out, and wrapped a damn rubber band so its constantly pressed lol works great!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol that works too, though that also means you can take the key out when its not in park o_O

Ozzie3o5

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. That little problem should be covered under one of the i think three or more "serious" recalls on our cars. Dont quote me but it doesn't hurt to find out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie